Angelman Syndrome Ireland: www.angelman.ie
Angelman Syndrome Ireland, is a not for profit charity established in 2011 to provide support and information about this rare neuro-genetic disorder of chromosome 15 which results in severe developmental delay.
ASI is working with families, caregivers, service providers and medical professionals who care for, or provide support to, those living with Angelman Syndrome. Its aims are
- To raise awareness of and understanding of this condition in Ireland
- To create a formal support network for families, caregivers and service providers throughout Ireland offering practical and emotional support.
- To promote and support research into Angelman Syndrome and treatment of its cognitive, motor and epileptic symptoms, and to keep interested parties informed of developments in clinical research at home and abroad.
Honouree Patron, President Michael D. Higgins, has been supporting the development of this new charity.
Angelman Syndrome Support Education & Research Trust (ASSERT): www.angelmanuk.org
We are a UK based charity whose primary aims are:
Support – supporting families and carers of people with Angelman Syndrome. Also providing support to professionals who meet AS individuals, even though they may meet very few individuals with Angelman Syndrome in their professional career.
Education – providing education and raising awareness of this rare neurological condition and the issues that surround it. As with many such conditions, Angelman Syndrome is not just about a simple diagnosis, but requires parents and carers to adapt as situations change and the individual grows older. We aim to provide information and advice for all ages, drawing on the vast knowledge of the trustees and our experts panel, some of whom are world renowned experts in Angelman Syndrome.
Research – assisting organisations and individuals in carrying out research into Angelman Syndrome and its many related areas. Much of this research has already provided great benefit to families and carers.
Melissa Adams Angelman Foundation: www.researchangelman.org.uk
The Foundation was established to facilitate research into the therapeutic options for Angelman syndrome. We are a not-for-profit organisation run by an all volunteer team, who dedicate their time and energy into raising awareness and much needed funds through various sponsored events.
The Melissa Adams Angelman Foundation is an organisation comprising of both Family members and professionals who support scientific research into Angelman syndrome (AS) and associated disorders. We have a strong commitment towards raising funds to aid research and by working in collaboration with similar organisations, both in the UK and worldwide; it is our mission to raise awareness of AS further across both the public and professional fields. We believe strongly in encouraging, supporting and contributing financially to innovative research projects that aim to help improve the quality of life for those living with Angelman syndrome.
Our core values
We are an organisation that is proud to be driven by our values. These core values, set out below, are what we feel “drives” us and, although our business plan may change as our foundation grows and develops, we will always stay true to our values as they are what define us.
- To facilitate research into the therapeutic options for Angelman syndrome (AS).
- To engage in activities to raise public awareness of AS.
- To encourage, support and contribute financially to AS related research projects both in the UK and worldwide.
- To raise funds to fulfil the aforementioned values.
Angelman Verein Osterreich: www.angelman.at
Der Verein wurde Beginn 2011 errichtet mit den folgenden Zielen:
- Austausch von Erfahrungen zwischen Betroffenen.
- Periodische Treffen
- Organisation von Benefiz-Veranstaltungen
- Vernetzung mit internationalen Organisationen
Germany: Angelman e.V – www.angelman.de
Switzerland: Angelman Verein Schweiz – www.angelman.ch
- Association Française du Syndrome d’Angelman (AFSA) – www.angelman-afsa.org
- Des Ange Pacôme les autres – www.desangespa.com
- Syndrome Angelman France: www.syndromeangelman-france.org
- Angelman Onlus – www.associazioneangelman.it
- Organizzazione Sindrome di Angelman – www.sindromediangelman.org
Denmark: Angelman Foreningen – www.angelmanforening.dk
Finland: Angelman – www.angelman.fi
Norway: Norsk Forening for Angelmans Syndrom – www.angelman.no
Portugal: Associação de Síndrome de Angelman de Portugal: www.angel.pt
Spain: Asociación Síndrome de Angelman – www.angelman-asa.org
Angelman Syndrome Greece & Cyprus / Σύνδρομο Άγγελμαν Ελλάδα & Κύπρος
Angelman Greece, facebook support group: AngelmanGreece
Turkey: Angleman Sendromu Türkiye –Angelman Sendromu (Facebook page)
Czech Republic: Angelman CZ Občanské sdružení – www.angelman.cz
For other/all Eastern-European countries: there is a Facebook group – Eastern-European Angelman Syndrome
Israel: Israeli Association Angelman syndrome: www.angelman.co.il